Thursday, March 27, 2014

Angelic Research

With my 'Fry Nelson' trilogy coming to an end, I've had some great ideas for a new book to be written.  However, this means I have to get in and do some research into my new subject.

My new idea has to do with Angels... which I know absolutely zero about.  Well, okay, I believe they exist and I've had some really strange experiences where what I've seen can only be put down either me being out of my mind or I actually did see an Angel standing at the end of my hospital bed in Melbourne (and this was when I was undergoing tests to have an operation done).  Anyway, after that, I found out that a lot of people believe in Angels, but they don't necessary believe in God and don't go to church and aren't Christians or Catholics - or aren't part of a any kind of organised religion.

So, this has helped me in my research.

Today, I went out on one of the most miserable days here in Brisbane and did some research at the Logan North Library about God, religion and Angels.  I borrowed three books and then drove to Browns Plains to 'The Really Good Bookshop' where I found a wonderful book 'Archangels 101' by Doreen Virtue.  I'm hoping to find another book at another bookstore - one I borrowed from the library - to help me with my research so I can own these books.  However, I think I might have to order this book in; if it's not out of print.

With only a chapter or two to go until I've finished the last few scenes of 'Fry Nelson: Bounty Hunter - book 3', I'm already brainstorming ideas of what's going into the book about Angels... just a few opening scenes for now, but it's going well so far.  

So, are you working on any new projects?  If so, let us know what you're all doing?  Are you researching something new?  Are you looking for books or source material you don't have in your own library?  Or are you editing work you've finished last year for publication?  Let us know about what you're all doing with your written work - after all we can love reading, but writing can be something of a joy too.  Until my next post, happy reading.  

No comments:

Post a Comment