Monday, June 30, 2014

June Book Buys!

This month, Winter came to Brisbane, and I have been reading and buying all kinds of books around at all kinds of places.

Early in the month, I went to Garden City and found my ultimate hall table for my house.  While I was there, I had a coffee at the Book Cafe and found 'The Widows of Eastwick' by John Updike and 'Killing Willis' by Todd Bridges.  Both these books were $10 each.  What great finds!  I never thought the actor who played Willis from 'Diff'rent Strokes' was still alive, but when I found this book, it seems I've been corrected.

Then on the 16th, June, I picked up two more books at the Queen Beez Craft Group I attend each Monday.  Some of the ladies bring along books they've read, and don't want anymore and they get sold for around $1.00 each.  The money goes back into the kitty for the craft group; not a bad deal really seeing we all bring along bric-a-brak to get rid of.  Anyway, I found 'Amy & Isabelle' by Elizabeth Stroud and 'Getting Even With Fran' by Christine Stinson.  Both of these are women's fiction and I hope to read them over Christmas time or when I get the chance over the big chill of Winter (which we're shivering through right now).  

So, what have you scored over the last month?  Do please let us in on your most recent purchases from anywhere you've found them.  Until my next post, happy reading. 

No comments:

Post a Comment