Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Spring Reads

I've been busy with other things in my world... writing, editing... being a retailer at markets around Brisbane... but I've picked up a book and began reading - finally! - and I'm enjoying the love of reading again.

I'm reading an e-book called 'Body Rentals' by Mark Gardner.  He's a writer I know from the Terrible Minds blog by Chuck Wendig, and we often read each other's shorter works each week... then he came across a flash fiction I wrote which reminded him of some of his own works and he recommended I had a look at his short novel showing me links to it.  However, no matter what I did, I couldn't get into it, or the place wouldn't recognise either Mark's name or my payment method.  I let Mark know, and he passed me on a copy.  Well!  I'm into the third chapter and it's creepy!  I love it and found he's written a great book!  I can't wait to get in and finish reading it to let you all in on what I think of it.

Then, I'm only a chapter and a half away from finishing 'Fry Nelson: Bounty Hunter - Book 3'!  I'm so happy about this, but I'm still cautious about how to get the characters where I want them... the location of where the last scene might be changing, but what happens in the end won't.

And then, I'm really getting into some big action in 'Angel Love'.  It's going into a direction I never thought it would.  This book was inspired by the hit show, 'Supernatural', but I left out the two hot guys and the sweet set of wheels.  This is purely about the Angels, Demons, vessels and some poor humans who get squished in the middle of it all.  Sure it took some research and me needing to buy some books and using some of my pagan books, but it was well worth it.  I'm up to chapter 8 and it's looking great!

So, what are you working on - or reading - at the moment that's holding your undivided attention?  Which book is it?  Is it a classic or a new release?  Do you know the author as a friend or are they new to your life, or is the author such a regular to your reading list they feel like an old friend?  I'd love to know.  Until my next post, happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment