Friday, June 26, 2015

Adult Colouring-in Books

Okay... I'm jumping on the band wagon!

This is something I very rarely do, and I'm doing it because I have loved to colour in since I was very young; and have been an artist for so long that painting and colouring go hand-in-hand... 

So, yesterday, while I was out at Carindale Westfield Shopping Centre looking around at Riot Art, I bought 'Animal Kingdom' by Millie Margotta. It wasn't a cheap book but it was worth it... and really I was looking for medium-sized magnets, and they were out of stock - it seems all the stores are.

Well, I bought this book after looking at them all and haven't regretted it.  It's filled with so much and I don't want to just jump in and colour it in - as I'm not one to do that to an expensive book.  I'm going to photocopy some of the pages and colour them in and then after a while, I'll colour the originals in properly with good pencils.

I know that sounds weird, but because I don't have that much money laying around, I feel as though I have something here that needs to be savoured, relished and enjoyed to the very end... and that is just what I'm going to do.  Until my next post, happy reading.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, savoring! Extend the pleasure as long as possible! Photocopying the pages to color sounds like an excellent idea! I hope you will post pictures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most definitely! And seeing the books cost around the $25.00 mark, I'm not in any hurry to colour the originals in ... I'll buy them all, photocopy them, and then wait a while to colour them all in. Maybe go on a holiday and do it. :D

      And of course - there will be photos! :D

      Delete