Friday, May 29, 2009

The Writer's Idea Book by Jack Heffron


What a brilliant book. I love it. Jack Heffron wrote this book to assist writers from all walks of life to tap in to their ideas better; to find that font of ideas that everyone around thinks that they have at their disposal. This book was first spotted at my local library and I kept borrowing it and didn't want to give it back; so I jotted down the isbn and began hunting for it around the bookstores. However, finding it was out of print, I went to the only store I knew that could get it for me and now I find this book an absolute must that all writers - published and unpublished alike - should have on their shelves. Whether your work is going well, use this book to open your mind more and make it flow better.

Jack Heffron is an editorial of Clerisy Press, and had been a professional editor for more than 15 years. He is the author of three books for writers - 'The Writer's Idea Book', 'The Writer's Guide to Places' and 'The Writer's Idea Workshop'. A founding editor of Story Magazine, is a two-time winner of the National Magazine Award for Fiction and editor for the critically acclaimed Best Writing On Writing series. He has published short stories in many literary journals and twice been nominated for the Pushcart Prize. His non-fiction has appeared in Oxford American, ESPN Magazine and Utne Reader among others. His work has been cited in Best American Travel Writing.

(bibiography: http://www.writingitreal.com/cgi-bin/get_bio.pl?name=Jack%20Heffron) if you'd like to know more.

No comments:

Post a Comment