Monday, June 15, 2009

A Tolkien Bestiary by David Day


What a fantastic book! I've had this book on my shelves for years and it's gotten better with age; just like a fine wine. Its drawings are gorgeously detailed and intricate, and the information about the beasts, places and people and races within its covers is just wonderful!
I bet David Day didn't plan on this book being anything but a one-off reference guide to a lot of J.R.R. Tolkien's brilliantly invented and well-thought out creatures places. When I got this book and began poring over the pages, I just didn't wish to pull myself away from it and come back to real life. There was so much to it all; and still is so much to Middle Earth, we just have to let it take us in and walk around in it for while.


Currently, I'm unable to find any information about David Day on the net and in this book, there's no biography of the author. So, I've contacted the publishers he used in 1995 via e-mail; and hopefully they can help me with a websit and a bio I can put down here for you all. Otherwise, if you have anything that may be of help, please leave a comment so we can all benefit. Thank you.

1 comment: