Monday, August 24, 2009

Blood Music by Greg Bear

I finished this book a few weeks ago, and it's taken me a little while to get together in my mind what to write about it; as it's hard to say exactly what my feelings for a book such as this is about. At first I found it very slow and technical; but I didn't mind that as my mind works that way also. Then, it picked up speed and moved very quickly and methodically along; taking me along for the ride, as scary and thrilling as it was.

Can you imagine if our DNA and blood could have an intelligent thought and work with our bodies to become something like a galaxy within our own minds? Well, Vergil Ullman had this idea; however where he worked found his experiments dangerous and unwanted. So, while he was cleaning out his lab, Vergil injected himself with his experiment and thought he'd worry about it later; thinking the few cells he had used would die off in his system. Boy, was he wrong about that... he was wrong about a lot of things concerning those few cells and what they can do inside and outside his body.

Greg Bear has been called the “Best working writer of hard science fiction” by “The Ultimate Encyclopedia of Science Fiction.” and has been entering readers all over the world for over 20 years. He wrote 'Eon' and 'Eternity' along with 'Darwin's Radio' and 'Darwin's Children' ; with his most recent work being 'Quantico'. Read more about this wonderful Sci-Fi writer on his official site situated on the sidebar.

No comments:

Post a Comment