Thursday, August 6, 2009

Dealing With It - A Survivor's Guide to Panic Attacks by Bev Aisbett

As a person who used to suffers from these horrible beasts myself, I know exactly how it feels to be my own worst enemy. It's as though I'm trapped in a prison and I'm the creator of that prison; and yet, I also hold the key to my own freedom. This book - which is surprisingly thin - is an informative and funny way of looking at panic attacks and how to put them in their place. From reacting to them at home to putting that beast in its place in a public, this brilliant book will advise you how to get around the embarassing affliction of panic attacks.

Bev Aisbett is a cartoonist, illustrator, author and trained counsellor who has written seven books, including one recently released: 'Taming the Black Dog' about depression. Bev has been a freelance cartoonist and illustrator for ten years and her work has appeared in numerous press and community publications. Bev has worked with people suffering with anxiety one-to-one with counselling, lectures and workshops for the past five years.

No comments:

Post a Comment