Thursday, August 6, 2009

Essential Impressionists by Antonia Cunningham

I received this book as a gift from my Mum and I absolutely adored it! Whenever I get the chance now, and I have nothing to read, I slowly peruse these pages of work of various artists and read about how's and why's of their work. This book is an absolute must for any artist or anyone who love the impressionists from any and all eras. From Eugene Boudin to George Seurat, this large and heavy book talks about these wonderful artists' works with the assistance of full colour photos of their paintings and well-researched information about the men who painted them. However misunderstood they were in their own times, we still find their works something to adore and love over generations. This book is something I will never part with in my lifetime.

I'm afraid to say that in my search of the net, I've been unable to find an official website for Antonia Cunningham. However, quite a few books are on e-bay; including this very one. If anyone has a site that we could all go to - even if she keeps a blog - please leave a comment, and I'll add it to the list of authors on the sidebar. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment