Thursday, November 12, 2009

The Witch Book edited by Rand McNally & Company

What a wonderful book to read at any age. This gorgeous hard cover beauty is big and bold with lovely stories of all kinds about witches and their lives inside it by various authors. The pictures are lovely and well drawn; and the quality I don't see around anymore. And the stories are different from each as each are told in the great story-telling style that has vanished from the shelves of today. Even though there's only eight stories, there will be one that stay with you well after you close the covers of this rather heavy book. Mine? Well, it's 'Wanted: One Witch!'...

I'm not sure why I've kept this book; however
I read this book when I was young and haven't let it go; and don't intend to let it off my shelves. It's absolutely beautiful. I haven't found it on bookfound.com; however that doesn't mean it's not around. It just means it's hard to find and could possibly be out of print.

Unfortunately, I've been unable to find anything about the publishing company online. However, I'll be looking into the authors who wrote the stories in this book for you soon and adding to this post. So, keep an eye on the side bar for their official websites as well as here for more information about them; you never know, they may have written other popular fiction for children and we didn't know about this one.

1 comment:

  1. I have been searching for this book for 5 years! I had it when I was a little girl and it was one of my favourites. I loved the illustrations. My mum had a huge collection of books in her library, at least 1500 to 2500 I'd say, and all my wonderful children's books were there. Many of them were very rare. For some reason I thought the publisher was Platt & Munk, so that's what I'd been searching for to no avail. Then just the other day, after 5 years, I had a vision (LOL) of the binding reading Rand McNally and I found this post. So glad that others have memories of this book. When mum died in 2005, her "family" stole all her belongings before I could get there (including all my things). Her house was like a beautiful museum, filled with antiques and vintage. I miss the books especially. If you ever come across another copy of this, please let me know. My email is anacamille@gmail.com.

    ReplyDelete