Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Postcards From Surfers by Helen Garner (Uncorrected Proof)

This very plain-looking book was bought at a second-hand bookstore at Brunswick Heads; which unfortunately isn't there anymore.  In the last year, the 'Gallery Book Store' was sold for a small fortune and the owners bought the newsagency.  So, there's no real bookstore to go hunting for books in Brunswick Heads, NSW anymore; which is a pity.
But a few years ago, I did get the opportunity to purchase this book and found this writer purely by chance.  I enjoyed reading the stories in its covers and found that 'The Children's Bach' was extremely long; much longer than the finished story.  I've yet to read the finished book; and I do look forward to reading it once I find a copy of 'Postcards From Surfers'.  In the meantime, I will get my nose back between the pages of this book again for the fun of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment