Friday, August 6, 2010

A Short Lull In Words

For the last week, I haven't been reading all that much.  And the reason why?  Well, I've been suffering through some of the worst headaches I've ever encountered.
Now, I know what the problem is; it's my neck.  It's not the strongest thing on me and once in a while it'll get out of line and I'll need to head off to the chiropractor and get it put straight again.  And today's the day I'll be doing that.  So, this is why I haven't been writing much here of late.  But once I've been to see him, I'll be back on here writing about what you all love... books and related subjects.
Otherwise, right now, I'm partway through 'Cloud Atlas' by David Mitchell and have just bought the current issue of 'Good Reading' Magazine for August.  It looks wonderful!  I'll be back on my feet again this weekend, for sure, doing what I love doing... reading all day.

2 comments:

  1. i hope your neck is better soon, i'm looking forward to hearing what you think of cloud atlas - i'm wanting to read that soon (i think!). GR August edition is great too - I've already bought a few books recommended in it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for you kind words mummazappa. The last time I had such rotten headaches, I had a dead tooth, but this time, I checked out my teeth; and they're doing fine.
    Last night, I found that once I hit the pillow, I was out like a light and this morning, I felt no pain until I was up and about. So, this is how I know it's my neck that's the problem. The funny thing is that when I play the piano, my headaches go away... strange, but true. :D

    ReplyDelete