Sunday, September 19, 2010

Adding to the Collection

In the last few days, I've been helping my Mum with sorting out her books.  Well, okay, just recent ones she's received and hasn't found a place for yet.  So, on Friday, while I was over their way to see some doctors, I helped her go through her Bookcrossing stuff and books that she had packed up and scored a book or two.
The first one was one I had lent her from my birthday; but she hadn't gotten around to reading.  It's called 'Spooky South' by S.E. Scholosser.  It's a re-telling of the old campfire stories from the Southern States in the USA.  I love these kinds of stories; they are the kinds that become legendary.  And I do look forward to finally reading this one (there are quite a few I haven't read yet from my birthday last year as I received over 20 books from across the miles as a birthday bomb that Mum organised through Bookcrossing... it was so much fun!).  
The next book was from Mum's birthday last year; which I've had my eye on since she received it.  It 's called: 'An Arsonist's Guide to Writers' Homes in New England' by Brock Clarke.  It's a mystery novel with a funny twist to it.  And I love the read books that are based on writers and have that twist to it that pulls the reader in.  So, I'm looking forward to getting my nose into this one too.
So, these to are going to my ever-growing Mt To Be Read ... to be guarded over by Clifford.  He is getting concerned around being pushed off the shelf.  But I know he's got nothing to be concerned about.  I will read a few more books soon and he'll have more space to stretch out on.

3 comments:

  1. This will sound like a silly question, but who's Clifford? Is he a cat? (If you've told me before who/what Clifford is, I hope you will fogive me for asking.) If so, what kind?

    As for me, I don't generally keep my TBR's for Bookcrossing on the shelf with the rest of the books. I usually keep them on my desk or in a bag. But that's just me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaah, Clifford is a little toy dog that I purchase at a bookstore a few months back and he was put onto the Mt TBR to keep an eye on my books. I found out that he was a character from children's books literature in the 1960's; however I never grew up with him. I just keep him around to because he looks cute.

    Scroll down a bit and you'll see a photo of Clifford on the right; just before the Google Adsense.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When you've read An Arsonist's Guide to Writer's Homes...please let me know what you think of the book. My husband reads a lot of mysteries - I hadn't heard of this one before - it might be something he would enjoy. It sounds like it might be a lighter go at a mystery as opposed to some of the crime novels he's been reading. Thanks for your input!

    ReplyDelete