Friday, October 29, 2010

October Book Buys!

It's been a busy month of buying reading material for me!  And seeing it was my birthday month, it was so much the better for me; as I received a book voucher on my big day too.
From the very first day, I was buying books; pretty bad, eh?  But the books I bought this month are worth it!  On 1/10/2010, I bought 'The Story of My Father' by Sue Miller.  This book is about Arthur Miller written by his daughter and how she lost him towards the end of his life.  I've loved this man's work and think it may be a good read. I purchased this one from The Book Warehouse at Arndale in Logan City.  Another I bought on this day was 'Selected Letters of Robert Louis Stevenson' edited by Ernest Mehew.  Now, this one sounds like something to get into.  This is another author I've admired in my life; and have wanted to know more about.
On the 8/10/2010, I used my QBD book voucher I received for my birthday.  One of my dear friends, Nick, sent it through the mail to me and knows my love of books; but I didn't expect him to send me a $50 book voucher.  Thank you again, Nick.  The books I bought with this voucher are: 'Nobody Here Gets Out Alive' by Jerry Hopkins and Danny Sugerman, 'Never Have Your Dog Stuffed: And Other Things I've Learned' by Alan Alda, 'Send Yourself Roses' by Kathleen Turner  and 'Last Night In Twisted River' by John Irving.  These books sound brilliant and I can't wait to get my nose into all of them at some point in the future!
On 12/10/2010, the Logan Writers' Week was on and I attended an event at the Logan North Library where an author - and publisher - was there talking about the different ways to get published.  He was very informative and I took plenty of notes and got his website too.  I also bought one of the books there by him titled: 'Primary Instinct' by David P Reiter.  The most wonderful thing was that he signed it for me while I was there too.  What a lovely person!  I'll never let it go because of that. 
These were the books I purchased this month.  They're all great books and I hope to read a good lot of them in the coming months; or as the holidays roll onto Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment