Friday, December 31, 2010

December Book Buys!

Now, I didn't buy any books until late in the month; and this is because the After Christmas Sales are to die for!  I love them and do get the best bargains possible at them.  But I hate the crowds... I do think getting in amongst the crowds are worth the hassle though.
The first books I bought are from QBD at Garden City.  I bought them on a Westfield Gift Voucher and am proud to say I went by another person's opinion this time.  One of my old friends - and job search people from a few years back - recommended 'The Six Sacred Stones' by Matthew Rielly to me; and I never bought it until this week.  He's a big fan of his; and I'm going to find out why next year or so when I get to reading it.
The next book in line I bought was a strange one that I had never heard of; but I found I might like as I've never heard of the author.  And new authors can be like food you've never tasted before; fun and exciting or poor and disgusting.  So, I thought to try out an author just like this in 'The Monsters of Templeton' by Lauren Groff.  I hope it's a good read; Stephen King certainly thought it was.
Today, I while I was out with my brother - who took me out to celebrate my birthday rather late (only because he was in Asia for it and didn't get a chance to give me a pressie) - I found 'The Curious Case of Benjamin Button' by F.Scott Fitzgerald and the most gorgeous orange 'Penguin' tin with book titles on it.  so, I bought those with my Westfield Voucher.  Very cool if you ask me!  
Well, that's my December Book Buys; and just in time too!  So, until next time I hope you guys have a wonderful new year and enjoy calling in your resolutions and fun for next year.  Happy Reading and until next time, keep doing just that.

1 comment:

  1. I didn't buy any books per se this month. However, on Christmas Eve, I came home from my shift at the thrift store where I volunteer, and it turned out a could of books sent by another bookcrosser had come in.

    One of them is "The Little Book of Stress" and the other "The Little Book of Crap". (I don't know if you saw it, but someone offered their copy of the latter in a discussion on Bookcrossing where I asked if the word "crap" was a cuss/swear word.) I still have a couple of other books to read before I get to these though, but they've been listed on my reading blog and I mentioned them in my latest post on said blog.

    I wish you a Happy New Year and hope that you enjoy your new books.

    ReplyDelete