Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Been Busy Reading

It hasn't been a very busy time for me lately; thus giving me time to get my nose into some good reading... even if it means to cocoon myself into my duvet late at night and read some twenty pages of my current book 'Tipping The Velvet' by Sarah Waters.  This book arrived in the mail last Friday and I'm already up to page 80 or so; and loving it.  It's all about the UK and London; a place I've definitely been, and can relate to.
My other read I've only just returned to today while sitting in the afternoon sun to dry my hair is 'Acheron' by Sherrilyn Kenyon.  I've read the first very long and detailed section of this man's tortured life where he was treated dreadfully, found out he was a demi-God and was really angry that his powers were kept from him until he was 'of age'.  And now, I'm up to the part where it's jumped to the present day where he's still around and living with humans on Earth from day to day, knowing everything about them (as he's cursed to do), until one day he meets a woman who can't read, he can't hear her thoughts and doesn't know anything about her and she intrigues him to no end because of this.  But she doesn't want to know him... a typical romance.  However, this book is a right tome of a book - a real doorstop if you will - and so I'll keep on plodding through, because I like the style of the writing and the author takes us to Greece, Atlantis and New Orleans... all the places I want to go in my life.
So, what are you reading right now?  Is it interesting, boring or have you just started?  Let us know.  Until my next post, Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment