Saturday, July 2, 2011

The Bro Code by Barney Stinson and Matt Kuhn

The Bro Code is 150 rules of conduct for bros about bros and was written by bros.  If you're not a bro, you've got problems.  If you're a chick, you're not entitled to knowing the Bro Code; however, if you're a chick and you're known as a bro, then you're more than likely know most of the Bro Codes articles as you've grown up around bros or had close friends who are bros.  The Bro Code... if you're a bro and you don't know these rules; well, then, I'm sorry to say this, but, you're not a bro.

This book was first mentioned by Barney Stinson in 'How I Met Your Mother'; the hit comedy sitcom on CBS as the main rulebook to live by if you're a bro.  Since he's mentioned it, people have wondered what is it; especially Robin (who is a character from Canada and had a lot to learn about America still).  Barney is played by Neil Patrick Harris was first on our screens as Dr Doogie Houser.  Even though it's been years since his first television show has been on television, they have aired a 'How I Met Your Mother' spin off of one episode; with hilarious results.  I found this book funny and interestingly, I also found that my own brother had pulled a few of the Bro Code Articles on me as I was growing up without me knowing it.   

Born in June 1973, Neil Patrick Harris started out his acting career as a child star and starred in Clara's Heart and Purple People Eater.  His big break came when he landed the lead role as the young Dr Doogie Houser in 1989; which made him a household name.  He's been in a few other shows and movies until he landed a major role in Joss Whedon's Dr Horrible's Sing-a-long Blog.  Otherwise, he has been playing a major womaniser on 'How I Met Your Mother' on CBS for the last few years. 

1 comment:

  1. A very funny book. Writen as-if from the viewpoint of Barney Stinson. Barney if the character played by Neil-Patrick Harris on the comedy 'How I Met Your Mother'. The book is writtten to be read very easily. It's broken up into article points, approximately one-per-page. So it's easy to pick up and read from anywhere in the book.

    ReplyDelete