Thursday, September 1, 2011

Spring Readathon

I've decided to take part in a challenge this month.  Seeing it's Spring here in Australia - and a bit of a damp one at that - I was invited on Good Reads Spring Reading Challenge.  We have to get in and read as many books as we can this month; and seeing I began reading some great books in the last week, and I'm halfway through them, I'm hoping to read more than my usual quota of books in a month than I usually do.
So far, I'm halfway through two books.  The first being 'Old Man and the Sea' by Ernest Hemmingway.  It's a second edition and I bought it at The Book Barn in Mullumbimby in New South Wales a couple of years ago for $14; and only just picked it up this year.  The story is fantastic, and I think everyone should read this story of a man, the ocean and endurance.
My next read is something I'm getting a good giggle out of; it's 'Red Dog' by Louis de Bernieres.  And it's a great story of a dog - of course - which has been recently made into a brilliant film.  I saw the film first and it differs greatly from the book; but is full of just as many laughs; if not more!
I'm still reading 'Owls Do Cry' by Janet Frame.  However, I'm finding it difficult to get my head into it for long periods of time; as it deals with part of her real life and people with Epilepsy in it (something that touches close to home with me).  So, I still have that one by my bed to read when I can push myself.
Once I finish the first two books for the Spring Reading Challenge, I'll do their reviews.  I've been going well with my reading this year; seeing I've had other projects on my plate that I'm working on just as much.  Until my next post, happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment