Monday, October 17, 2011

Book Baggies

I haven't been reading all that much lately.  It's not a focusing problem; it's something I've been working on lately.  And once I begin working on something I tend to drop everything else around me and concentrate on that one thing.  Yep, I become very single-minded.
As you all know, I received what I thought was a strange kind of present from my folks:  a sewing machine.  I really didn't expect it and didn't want it.  However, as the saying goes: when life gives you lemons, you make lemonade.  So, I began thinking about what I could do with this machine.  I'm an artistic person and wanted to work it in with my art; as well as integrating it with my love of reading and books.  So, I looked over the patterns Mum gave me and found a design for a pillowcase (but I have plenty of those!).  Then, it struck me!  I thought to design a simple baggie for books to protect them from wear and tear when you're out and about reading them.
I worked out the prototype from cheap, light material and then - just today - I worked on my first two real ones from good quality material.  And it's worked out well!  However, I'd like to have some people's opinions about them.  So, what do you think?  Would you buy them if I began making them?  Leave a comment and let me know your thoughts about my new baggies.  

I found that I can fit 2 books in one baggie along with a bookmark.

 I hope you all enjoy my new design on book baggies.  I can make them in any colour (the green ones I've got here are for one of my friends who loves this colour and it's her birthday soon).  So, until my next post, happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment