Sunday, October 23, 2011

Narnia Chronicles Renewed and Other Reads!

This month, I've read more books than I thought I would; and I'm proud of myself.  However, I also purchased only one book thus far.  This book is 'The Chronicles of Narnia' by C.S. Lewis.  Now, I have only ever read 'The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe' by C.S Lewis and absolutely adored it!  So much I adored it, I ended up buying a copy of this very book for my niece so she could read it one Christmas (the same Christmas when the movie came out!).  Riley also loves the book.  Now, I was in QBD  the other day when I came upon a large volume of all the books - all seven of them - printed up in paperback for only $9.99!  I had been looking for this one for some time at this price without success; and finally, I found it and - of course - bought it.  I began reading it at Gloria Jeans' Coffee House to kill some time before I had to catch a bus home.
Other books I've been reading lately are 'The Bee-Loud Glade' by Steve Himmer.  I've written up a review of this one below and I'm only two or so short chapters from finishing it.  It's a very interesting narrative in such a way that it's not a heavy read and doesn't take long to plow through around thirty pages in one sitting.  In my first sitting, I read over forty pages - and that was because the book arrived late to me and I was in an online discussion and wished to keep up with them all.
The next book I've just begun is titled 'How to Hepburn' by Karen Karbo.  This book is a great little book and I'm only about twenty-five pages into it so far.  I am enjoying how far Katharine would have gone to get a part in a film, how brash she was (and stayed that way for her whole life) and how popular she became for being exactly who she was right up to the day she passed away.  I can't wait to get into this book this afternoon again and read more of it.  Well, now you know what I'm currently reading - and how it's all going - what are you all reading?  Let us know.  Until my next post, happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment