Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Summer Reading Challenge

Okay, I took on the Spring Reading Challenge on Good Reads and only managed to knock over four books.  So, when I was invited to take part in the Summer Reading Challenge, I was taken by surprise; and began to look at the books I wanted to read over the Christmas/NYE break - as well as the ones I wanted to read right through February.  
Seeing I'm sticking around Brisbane - and my home - I'm hoping to get in more reading time and so I'll have more of choice to read as I'll have my collection at my fingertips.  Right now, I've got my nose well in truly into '11-22-63' by Stephen King; which will take me into the Summer Reading Challenge.  I'm reading about 30 pages a day; some in the afternoon and some in the evening before I turn out the light at night.  I'm just over 200 pages into it and it's kicking along really well; I'm enjoying it completely.
So, what books are you hoping to read this Christmas/NYE?  And where are you going to be at this time of the year while you've got your nose in your favourite reads?  Have you themed your books for the Silly Season, or are you just reading anything you can grab off the shelf?  Well, until my next post, happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment