Sunday, December 18, 2011

Reading List Hopefuls for 2012

At this time of the year, I begin to sort out what I hope to read next year.  It's a tedious thing to do, but if I jump on it early enough, I'll be set for when the New Year does come around and I can settle back into some great books!  So, here's my list for the next twelve months of great reading!

'The Dreaming Void' by Peter F Hamilton is the first book of a trilogy.  I have the other two; but have lent them to my friend who has - in turn - lent me this one.  We both wanted to read the trilogy.  However, seeing he wanted to read the other two, and I wanted to read the first, it made perfect sense to swap when he finished this first one.  However, I'll wait until he finishes them all before starting this one.
'And Another Thing' by Eoin Colfer.  This is the follow-on from 'Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy'.  I do love Douglas Adams and just happen to find this one around The Book Warehouse!  Can't wait to read it.
'The Islands' by Di Morrissey.  Now, I have heard great things about this book; and so I'll be getting my nose into this one next year.
'Last Night in Twisted River' by John Irving.  I bought this one last year as a birthday gift to myself; and didn't read it... however next year is the year I'll get my nose between its pages.
'The Chronicles of Narnia' by C.S Lewis.  No life is ever complete without reading the complete works of this man; especially 'The Magician's Nephew'... I can't wait!
'Excalibur' by Andy McDermott.  This is a book I saw a Gallery Copy of on a bus; and so I wrote it down as the guy reading it said it was an amazing book.  So, that's another book I'll be reading too.
'A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man' by James Joyce.
'No One Here Gets Out Alive' by Jerry Hopkins and Danny Sugarman.  This is the second biography on Jim Morrison... and I can't wait to read it.
'Dinner at the Homesick Restaurant' by Anne Tyler.
'In the Company of Cheerful Ladies' by Alexander McCall Smith.  I love the television series of this book; and so I thought to try out reading the books.
'Sage-ing While Age-ing' by Shirley MacLaine
'Patrick Swayze:  One Last Dance' by Wendy Leigh
'Getting There' by Sue Williams.
'The Erotic Life of Anais Nin' by Noel Riley Fitch
'The Jester' by James Paterson and Andrew Gross
Well... what a list!  There's some nice little books to get through and some really big thick ones as well.  I've included non-fiction and fiction mixed into this upcoming year's reading.  What have you hopefully got planned for next year's reading?  Is it as different and interesting as my pile or have you got something totally different in mind?  Let us all know.  Until my next post, happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment