Sunday, December 4, 2011

Summer Reading

Okay, it's the beginning of Summer - Winter in the Northern Hemisphere - and so, we're all settling into getting our noses into books for the Christmas/Festive Season. What are you big ticket items to get through for the next three months?  Or don't you plan that far ahead?
Me?  I've got my nose into the most current publication of Good Reading Magazine and this one works over December and January; what an issue!  I bought it last Wednesday and haven't been able to get my nose out of it!  A great magazine full of great suggestions for Christmas pressies and fantastic reviews; well worth purchasing.  Or, if you're not into collecting magazines throughout your home, why not purchase an online subscription?  It's just as good but it's on your computer.
I'm also reading '11-22-63' by Stephen King.  Right now, I've just past page 270 and I've been reading it for almost a month.  Now, it's taking me a little time because a lot has been happening socially, but I do love this book; it's not boring, it's got great narrative and it's well worth the money.  Do go out and buy it, read it - but don't give it away.  I think I'll be re-reading this one in the next few years (just like his older work).
Now, that's all I'm reading at the moment.  I have been trying to read 'The Lady of the Rivers' by Philippa Gregory, however, it's not really holding my attention right now.  I will try it once more after I finish the Stephen King novel, then let you know how I'm going.  otherwise I'm hoping to get his book finished before Christmas Day.  I do have some books I have my eye on to read over this time of year; however, I won't give away which ones yet as I don't plan ahead what I read.  Until my next post, happy reading!

1 comment:

  1. One of these days I will have a proper look at a Good Reading magazine!

    ReplyDelete