Saturday, January 21, 2012

Altered Books

I love books like nobody else.  I can't stand destroying them or making them into anything else but reading material.  However, when books have come to the end of their lives; I just can't stand throwing them out.  So, this is what some artists live for... giving them a second life as art.


Now, this one above, I couldn't get any photos of because it's in the contract with touring exhibitions that we can't use cameras in the Logan Art Gallery while they are there.  So, if you'd like to see the catalogue, I've found it online for your convenience.  However, seeing Acrobat freezes up my computer in an instant, I thought to leave the browsing of it up to you guys.  Enjoy.

1 comment:

  1. Hi!
    What about these altered books though?
    http://thisiscentralstation.com/featured/mysterious-paper-sculptures/

    I work in a library & would love to find one of these, they are beautiful. The anonymity appeals to the inner Bookcrosser as well!

    (cally-c from Bookcrossing)

    ReplyDelete