Sunday, March 25, 2012

Born on a Rotten Day by Hazel Dixon-Cooper

Every now and then, I come across a book which really tickles my funny bone.  And this is one of them.  I love reading books that look at the hilarious side of things that we normally take for granted; like our zodiacs.  This book takes our typical, normal and what author Hazel Dixon-Cooper calls our 'own inner brat'.  Forget that Librans are indecisive and that Virgos are Perfectionists... this book will tell you exactly how horrible those star signs really are underneath all that sugar-coating we've been hypnotised with all these years.

I found this book at a Community Thrift Sale two weeks ago, and sat down with my Mum to have a good look at it before going out again that day.  We giggled and laughed at everything that was wrong with us as well as everyone else in the family - and this book came up trumps with everyone.  It told the hard, cold facts and we weren't about to say it was lying either - well because how can you escape who you really are?

I've tried looking for this book online for you all, however, just trying to find the author was like trying to find a needle in a haystack.  Besides Hazel's home site - which I found through Google easily enough - I couldn't find anything of her works through the publisher she went through in New York.  However, I did find a great site for rare and out of print books!  What a way to find one thing when looking for another!  Well, until my next post, happy reading!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this book with us!! It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. I love finding funny books to read... a good laugh is always great to have in any book collection. :D

      Delete