Saturday, April 28, 2012

Wet Weekends

It's a cold, wet weekend here in Brisbane; so much so, I've dressed in comfy trackpants and slippers for the whole day and my budgie has been kept nice and toasty in her cage as I've left her covers on it so she can snooze all day on her swing (such a cutie!).  
With the rest of the house closed up to keep the cold out, I've been reading a lot and knitting as well while drinking hot chocolate and eating defrosted Hot Cross Buns left over from Easter.  However, I'm reading two books right now that have been of interest to me.  There's 'Last Night In Twisted River' by John Irving who has the most brilliant ways of making you remember characters!  However, the strange thing I've found is that I have tried reading his other books without success... oh well, as least I've gotten in to this one!
Then, there's 'Death, Taxes and a French Manicure' by Diane Kelly.  This is a romance novel with a funny twist.  The main character is an IRS agent who can kick butt and yet, she gets a manicure when she needs to get on top of things.  However, her most recent case includes a drug dealer, a company that isn't legit and a hot, sexy landscape gardener who is stuck in the middle of it all who she's got the hots for... wow!  What a plot!  And seeing that within the first two pages, I got three good laugh-out-loud laughs from it, I kept reading!  And it's a great book; and yes, it's a romance novel something really not my style.  But I'm giving it a big chance seeing I haven't read all that many books this year.

So, what do you read on wet, wet days?  Do you push through a Biography or Autobiography?  Or are mystery/thrillers more like your style?  Or if you can't stand those, what about sci-fi fantasy?  Right now, I'm reading anything that keeps my interest seeing my mind's focus is so dreadful.  Until my next post, happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment