Sunday, July 8, 2012

Altered Books

A few weeks ago, I told you guys about the Home Festival which is being held at Kangaroo Point here in Brisbane.  I'm working on a joint installation at Pineapple Park there where 9 other collectors and I are showing why we collect the things we do.
It's week 4 of the workshops - which means we have only 2 weeks left until the Home Festival itself!  How exciting!  Also, how stressful!  Yesterday, we got the laminating machine in and I finished up one lot of my works - the painted pages!  And now, all I need to concentrate on is the Altered Book.
I have gotten the first quarter of the book all glued up and done, taken a chapter out (to give it room and so there's not so many pages to go through) and after I finish the story completely and it's all dry, all I have left to do is to paint it up and do the cover.  It sounds like a lot, but really it's not.  I have had a lot of fun doing this project with other people who have similar interests in collecting like me to work with.  We can all talk and chat about our addiction to our own things and have a good laugh at our little problems with our work.  Well, until my next post, happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment