Sunday, July 29, 2012

July Book Buys

This month, I've been good; very good... and I'm happy to say that I have kept to a good budget and not bought too much in the way of books.  This is a good sign that I've been looking at my budget and my reading pile and realised I really had to get in and read some of the books I already have.  So, I have been looking at some of the books that were sitting just inside the door of my office.
Well, I did buy two books this past month and they were ones that were interesting to me.  The first was bought really early in the month - when I was looking for the second volume of The Dark Tower Series written by Stephen King.  Okay, so I was only a quarter way through 'The Gunslinger' but I knew I'd get through it quickly once I sat down and really got into it.  So, I bought 'The Drawing of the Three' and it's been about a fortnight and I've begun this second book - and now I'm about a quarter through it and loving it! 
The second book I bought is 'The Big Questions: Physics' by Michael Brooks.  This book is a funny and interesting way of looking at Physics; and it's written for people are not good at maths, so it's set in a way where even the a person who has the least amount of maths knowledge will understand it.  There were two others there for $9.99 but I couldn't afford them - maybe next time! But until next time, I'll keep this one.

Other books I've had the opportunity to come across - and not bought - are books that I picked up at a trade at a Bookcrossing trade at O'Malley's in the city just last Sunday.  Mum and I both had a great time while there, eating and drinking hot drinks while chatting about everything.  But time sped by too fast and we had to leave... however we did pick up a great lot of books and I ended up giving away a fair few books as well; some of them quite old childrens' books.  Mum picked up one book she wanted and I picked up 'Nights In Rodanthe' by Nicholas Sparks, 'March' by Geraldine Brooks, 'The Lady and the Unicorn' by Tracy Chevalier and 'Shape-Shifter' by Roy Lewis.  I've heard of two of the books, but not of the others; however I am looking forward to reading these books at some point over the next year.  Well, until my next post, happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment