Thursday, August 30, 2012

New!

Today is the first day I've been on the internet in my office on my own internet account in a month!  Yesterday, I was out and about in the afternoon with Dad for about three hours looking around at Garden City for a new computer; seeing my Uncle's old one wouldn't do anything or 'talk' to anything I owned.  Anyway, we looked at Harvey Norman, JB Hi-Fi and Dick Smith.  And even though Harvey Norman is having a sale, they turned out to be the most expensive.  Dick Smith didn't have a laptop to save itself... and so we looked at JB Hi-Fi and they were great - despite the service being a little lax.

Once we got the thing home it was just on sunset - as the traffic was horrible.  Dad took the computer up to my office and I sorted out a snack for us.  He plugged it in and I turned on the tv and lights in the house for my bird (she loves talking to the television). When it was hooked up - along with the modem - we switched it on.  It worked well and the modem lights blinked, but we couldn't get on the net.  I worked on it for a few hours but decided to wait until today to call Optus and the Netgear support people to help me out.  An hour after I did, I was cruising around on the net very happily.

Isn't it strange that once our computers flunk out on us, and we are cut off from our internet, we feel so disconnected from the rest of the world?  I felt disconnected, but then, I got back into more and I cleaned out places and things I had been putting off for a while.  Now, the house is looking that little bit more organised; and I'll keep going as I'm on a bit of a roll now it's begun.  Until my next post, happy reading!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks from Parkgate ;)

    Feel free to surf to my weblog; printing services
    Also see my webpage :: custom flyer printing

    ReplyDelete