Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Long Time No Post

Wow!  Guys it's been a long time between posts; and for this I humbly apologise.  You see, I've been without a computer - and so therefore, without the internet to jump on here and chat to you.

So, what have I been up to for the last week?  I hear you wonder... well, amazingly a lot.  The house has been dusted, cleaned and vacuumed.  I've sorted out plenty of clothes, bought a new planter pot for the burial of my little bird, 3 bags of potting mix and organised an afternoon with my folks to make it an official time to lay little blue fluffy companion to rest in my back yard.  
Then, I found out during the week,  that one of my nearest and dearest friends passed away from Adrenal Gland Cancer.  She wasn't old, but she was really battling with the disease and her health; and she was one of the good people in this world too.  I miss her dearly as we lived only one street from each other and I visited her a lot and called her most nights to chat (as when the nights come, it's when you become the most lonely).
Then, I finished my first big read for the year:  an 800 pager!  It was on my iPod and I enjoyed it.  However, I can't find the books 2 and 3 on iTunes; so I'll have to keep my eye out for them elsewhere.  Anyway, I'm now reading 'The God Delusion' by Richard Dawkins and it's getting interesting.  But today, the computer guy from HP came by and installed a brand new hard drive into my computer.  He told me that my other hard drive deteriotated and that this one shouldn't do anything like that because it's straight from the manufacturer.  
So, I'm back online and hoping to keep you guys updated with everything I've been reading, bookstores I've been getting into and anything I'm currently doing bookwise.  I've still yet to spend my book voucher from QBD that I got over Christmas.  Very cool.  Until my next post, happy reading! 

2 comments:

  1. Glad you're back!! I wondered where you had disappeared to the past week! Good luck with your new hard drive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad to be back! I missed posting here and really did wish to. However, seeing I have this new hard drive now, it's just a matter of time to see how it really goes now. :)

      Fingers crossed it doesn't screw up like the last one.

      Delete