Friday, March 8, 2013

Book Delights in Brighton

I do enjoy staying in an area where I don't normally live.  It gives me a chance to see what kinds of places are around for me to look into bookwise.

Today, I took a walk up the road to Pete's Corner Store.  It's a little convenience store which has a bit of everything in it.  It's part newsagents, part IGA, part second-hand bookstore... and it's small and very quaint; and that's its main attraction.  They were selling books there for well under $10; and they were exchangeable too.  So, you could buy a book for $2.00 and return it for another for half the price.  Not a bad deal; and something I haven't seen in a long time... a book exchange that is.
So, I bought a book and found a Rolling Stone Magazine which had an interview with David Bowie and Nick Cave and found myself looking for a bus to go to Sandgate Town Centre.  

On the way there, I saw a Life Line store.  This is definitely a place I'll be sussing out next week.  I'll tell you all what kind of books I've found there.  Until my next post, happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment