Friday, March 15, 2013

I Miss My Books

Wow... that sounds nutty, but I really miss my book collection.  I've only been away from it for a little over a week and I'm homesick for my room of books.  Have you ever had this problem of wanting to be close to your own collection before?  If so, what did you do about it?
I had the problem really bad the other night and found I couldn't sleep until around 1am when I wrote it down in my journal about it, admitting my problems to myself.  However, I don't like being away from home too long where all my belongings are.

Now, don't get me wrong, my brother has a great little collection of books in his living room I see and walk past every day; but they aren't anything compared to my 1,000+ collection at my place; which I find very comforting even though they take up my spare room.  And the books of my brother's collection have covered many different genres from cooking to motorcycle maintenance to one I spotted this evening titled 'The Content Chook' about how to keep happy chickens (as they have 6 chickens in their back yard who are very happily supplying them up to 3 eggs a day). 

I am reading 'The Wastelands' by Stephen King - which is the 3rd book of the Dark Tower Series - and loving it.  I've gotten my nose into 'The Invisible Man' by H.G. Wells as well as a part of a bookray from Bookcrossing as well.  And then, there's 'Anna Karenina' by Leo Tolstoy that I'm over 200 pages into; which I've put aside to catch up on my other reading for now.  I think I'll jump back into it again next week, just to get some pages read; as it's so well-written.

I have enjoyed being here at my brother's house as it's a change of environment, pace and area, but I'm looking forward to getting home, picking up my television from the repair people at Eagle Farm (as it's in for repairs) and being back amongst my things soon.  Until my next post, happy reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment