Sunday, June 30, 2013

June Book Buys!

This month, I've been pretty good in the way of buying books, with only two to add to my collection.  And I made sure that I really wanted them; instead of just plunging in and thinking I might read them at some point in my life.

So, I guess that was good for my budget.

However, it was my iPod downloads that are getting a little too much.  I downloaded four!  And three of them were free, whereas one of them was a gift from Paul D. Dail.

Okay, the books I purchased were 'Assassin' by Tara Moss, which I bought from QBD Garden City for a very cool $9.99 on 15, June.  I bought it only days after I downloaded 'Fetish' by the same author (and only downloaded this book when I heard on Facebook that it was going to be on iBooks on iTunes for free for this month only... so how could I resist?).  Then, I purchased, just last Wednesday, 'Waiting: The True Confessions of a Waitress' by Debra Ginsberg.  This book caught my eye at Eclectea on Queens Parade at Brighton while I visited this great store.  I spent a hours there and spent some of my money there too... what fun!  
Other books I downloaded this month were:  'The Imaginings' by Paul D. Dail.  This one would have cost me money, but I wrote a favourable review about another book of his and he gave me a book voucher on Smashwords for this - his new book - and now I'm reading it; and so far it's great!
I also downloaded my own published book titled 'Graveyard Shift' by Lynda Parker (yes, my RL name), which was published on Bibliotastic two years ago and is free to download... I'm hoping to get in and write another book for this place when I finally get my head around some good work; probably some flash fiction or other work, I'm not sure yet.
Then, I found another free book while I was at my brother's house - soft reading really while I rested up last week after my surgery - titled 'Finding Pride' by Jill Sanders.  This was off iTunes iBooks.  It was a free book and I'm about 400 pages into it; with about 500 pages to go.  However, it's not really that long, I've made the print bigger as my eyesight sucks.  And it's a first book of a trilogy too... so I'll be looking out for the other two if I like this one once I finish it - if not, I won't read them. 
So, these are my sinful reads and purchases this month... do tell what you've been buying and reading this month.  Until my next post, happy reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment