Friday, July 26, 2013

Places to Read

With my arm not working fully, and having to rest up until the tendon is properly fixed up on its own, I have found there's plenty of time to read more books I have been meaning to get my nose into.  And our Winter days here in Brisbane have fined up a little to do just that. 
And so, I've taken to sitting outside in the afternoons with my cordless and mobile phones next to me while sitting on the cushion reading a book.  I've also been to my optometrist to find out why I've backed off on my reading; and he told me that it's been 4 years since my last eye test!  Wow... too long, I thought it was around 2 years.  He told me that my eyes have been getting tired and I've been getting headaches because my eyes have changed just enough to get new glasses.  So, I spent a good half hour there the other day choosing new frames for two pairs of glasses (and I'll show you what they look like once they arrive there).  I can't wait! 

I'm also working on a new painting about books.  It's a partial portrait of myself with my hair taking up most of the canvas and as many books as I can remember that I have read over the last 20 years written into the lochs of it in purple paint.  So far, it's looking good, and I have over 30 books crowded into the hair... but I'm hoping to get more into it so it goes with the waves of the lochs and will be titling it:  'Books On My Mind'.  I'll upload a picture of it when it's finished.  Well, what have you been reading - and where do you love to read the most? I love reading in the sun in the middle of Winter and in bed late at night before turning out the light.  Until my next post, happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment