Sunday, September 29, 2013

September Book Buys!

This month has been crazy-busy and I haven't been on here as much as I had hoped.  But I have been out buying books more than ever!  Have you?  Let's have a look at my list, then you can let me see yours, okay?

I started my book-buying on 11th, September, while out grocery shopping.  I bought 'Centaur Aisle' and 'Source of Magic' by Piers Anthony - both Young Adult books - and then, I spotted 'Out of Phase' by the same author as well.  At the back of the Life Line, there's a $3.00 bookcase to look through, so I looked in that and found 'Halfway to Hollywood: Diaries 1980 - 1988' by Michael Palin.  What a great haul of books I bought in one day!  Thank goodness I had the car with me!

Then, I was around Garden City on 20/9 for a few art supplies and other bits and pieces when I walked past QBD and spotted a book there: 'One Hundred Names' by Celia Ahern.  Well, I didn't think anything of it, not until I couldn't get the darned title out of my head. So, I went back and bought it for $7.99.  I'm not sure why I bought it, except it looked like a good read.

Five days later, I was back at Life Line and bought myself 'The Lollipop Shoes' by Joanne Harris.  This is the sequel to 'Chocolat', which I've read.  So, it'll be good to see what happens next.
The next day, I was back at Life Line and found two more books: 'Wild Animus' by Rich Shaperd is a self-published book (just by the weight of it, I could tell) and then there was 'The Artist's Way' by Julia Cameron.  This copy was a 3rd edition, and I'm glad I got this one; as I've been looking for one for my niece.  And now I have one, I can give it to her for her birthday as part of her present.  Well, that's my book buying for this month!  Until my next post, happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment