Saturday, September 7, 2013

What I'm Reading

It's been a while since I posted here; and I thought to let you all know that I'm okay.  I've been working on a project to pull in a bit of money for myself - a small business to cushion my disability pension and help me with some little luxuries I'd like to have.  

Otherwise, I've been reading a little.  Every few days, I've been sitting out in the nice warm Spring sunlight in the afternoons with a home made ice coffee, drying my hair after washing it (as I don't own a hair dryer) and reading the last part of 'The Wastelands' by Stephen King from The Dark Tower Series.  
Then, I opened the first chapters of 'The Blue Blazes' by Chuck Wendig.  He's a great Canadian writer who I've been following the blog of lately; and I really wanted to get in and read some of his stuff before this year became too much older.  
Besides these two books, I haven't been reading anything else.  I've been writing flash fiction, designs for my Crafty Pegs and journal entries in my offline journal; as well as writing the last parts of 'Fry Nelson: Bounty Hunter' but really I've been out and about working on my house and garden to make it look good and checking on my parents' house while they're away on holidays.  Over the next few weeks, I have to get there and fix up the gardens, mow the lawns and do some shopping for them... and make the house live again.  But otherwise, I'm working on reading, it's just that other things are taking over right now.

Are you having the same problems?  Where life is taking on bigger and better plans of its own?  What books are you reading at the moment?  How far are you through them?  Until my next post, happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment