Saturday, January 4, 2014

Holiday Purchases

Happy New Year to you all!  I must first give you all a big apology for the little to no posts over the last few days.  I've been away at Brunswick Heads where the wi-fi generally just sucks... okay, it's almost non-existent.

But I spent over 3 hours on a bus yesterday, got off at the Springwood Bus Station, was busting to go to the toilet, raced to the nearest shopping centre with my luggage where two old people took forever to use the wheelchair toilet (and never came out of it) and then, I raced off to my folks' house, locked my luggage under the house and let myself in upstairs!  What took those people so long wasn't any concern of mine, but really, did they they have to take as long as teenagers in a public shower after going to the beach?

Anyway, I had a wonderful time at Brunswick Heads.  There was a lot of reading done, seeing we didn't have any television down there.  And I listened to my iPod a lot too, as there was talk radio or easy-listening country radio (yuk to both for my ears) to listen too.  So, I finished on book, and read another then went on the search for another book to read while I was there.
'The Wastelands' by Stephen King and 'A Grosvenor Square Christmas' by four wonderful authors from the Romance Bandits have been reviewed below.  However, I'm now reading 'Freedom' by Jonathan Franzen and Mum bought me a copy of the revised and updated biography of 'Margaret Olley'.  How cool is that?  The only problem with the big thick books you buy on holidays is getting them home!  I got these home fortunately by squeezing two in my suitcase and one in my handluggage to read... but wow!  Was is heavy to drag home!  Until my next post, happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment