Sunday, April 13, 2014

Easter Reading

It's the middle of the school holidays here in Australia, and I've picked up a copy of 'Make Lemonade' by Virginia Wolfe.  It's a great book so far; and I'm up to part two - well, the beginning of it anyway.  

I've been looking through my collection for some books to zip through lately; and have figured out why I haven't been reading as much as I normally do.  It's my eyes.  I've been doing a lot of close-up work with my hobby business, and it's been making my eyes so tired that I don't want to open a book when I go to bed; I just want to turn out the light and rest my eyes in the dark. 
So, this past week, I went off to the optometrist and he agreed that I needed glasses to help me with focusing on close-up work as he had a look at the detailing work I did on Facebook and said it was a little wonder I didn't come in to him before.

Well, my glasses are going to be ready this week sometime; and hopefully, I'll have better luck with reading when I get myself into working on my stuff better with the new specs... and then reading more books this year - as two or three is just disgusting in my view.

However, with the smaller books I'm grabbing off the shelves and reading, I thought to make a good start on reading something at least until I get my new glasses this week.  
So, what are you reading this Easter?  Have you been either collecting or reading your books lately?  Until my next post, happy reading.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Mozette, have you discovered the joys of talking books? The library her has lots and I combine 'reading' with my ears with all sorts of jobs. "The Hunger Games", which I had been meaning to read for years has seen me through a huge pile of ironing and mending, deep cleaning my bookshelves and making an order of face cream these last few days. I have Burial Rights by Hannah Kent put aside for Easter as I think its a perfect follow on from The Snow Child, which I loved so much..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I have. However the problem with them is that I tend to daydream and lose my spot when I play them. Being a writer, I'll get to a point in the talking book where I'll have a thought - an idea - and then suddenly, I'll hear 'Chapter 10' when we were up to chapter 5 before... whoops! What did I miss?

      So, talking books are out for me... unfortunately. Might have to wait until my eyesight fails and then use them. :P

      Delete