Thursday, May 1, 2014

Whatcha Reading This Month?

It's the first of the month and I'm just jumping here to see what you're all reading.  Me?  I've got my nose into 'Mozart: His Work and Character' by Alfred Einstein.  It's a first edition from 1946 and I'm totally enjoying the first chapter called 'Travel'.  This chapter completely covers the life of travel for the Mozart family from beginning to end.  I can't wait until I get through this part, but how Einstein tells it, Leopold Mozart loved his son, Wolfgang, more than his wife, his daughter, work or anything... even life itself.  However, Wolfgang became very much like his father in more ways than he even thought.  And the reasons why he never went back to Salzburg was because his father was always trying to push his son to be always working so hard, when there was a party to go to; something Wolfgang loved to do.

And this is just chapter one!  I've only read up to page 16, and it's a very interesting read so far.  

This book was written by Albert Einstein's cousin who wrote about musicians and how and why they became who they were and are to us today.  I found this book in 'The Book Barn' at Mullumbimby on the Far North Coast of New South Wales... and I'm so happy I have it as it's one of the rare books I own and now it's one I'm reading too.  

So, let us in on what you're reading?  Is it fun, educational or a horror book?  Until my next post, happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment