Thursday, June 5, 2014

May Book Buys!

It's been a while coming, I know.  But I've been really busy around my house.  I've been cleaning out the living room and looking for a hall table (better known as a sofa table - why do they change the way we say things?  So confusing!). 

Well, anyway, here are some of the books I bought last month.... better late than never, right?

First off, I went well.  I didn't buy any; well right up until I took Mum to The Really Good Book Shop at Browns Plains... and you all know how that turned out.  She loves the place.  And I scored a copy of 'The Slaughterhouse 5' by Kurt Vonnegut out of the visit; on her as I didn't have the cash.

Then I visited another time on my own to look around for gardening books; as I had inherited a terrarium.  Okay, for all of you who don't know what that is, I've done mine up and it's this picture here.  Isn't is lovely?  Yeah, I think so too.  Well, I went in search for a book only on these things; and failed.  However, I found a book on indoor gardening and gardening from the 1970's and they had 3 pages on terrariums.  So, there you go!  It was titled 'Reader's Digest Complete Book of the Garden'... well, they'd know everything there is about anything to do with what we need, right?  Yep, I thought so too.  I bought it with some store credit and got going with my research on terrariums.

Then, later on that week, I bought some white pillowcases and thought to do some embroidery on them; but had no idea about how to go about that!  So, off to the bookstore at Browns Plains I went again!  I found so many books about that particular subject; but I wanted one on beginners stuff, and I found one!  'Decorative Home Embroidery' was just the one I was looking for with basic stitches, telling what I'd need and how to get the designs I'd need in it.  How cool!  Now I can stitch just about anything onto anything.  Well, that's all I had bought for May.  I wonder what I'll be doing for June?  Who knows?  Until my next post, happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment