Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Hey! That's What a Book Looks Like!

Man!  I've been so busy with other things - besides reading - lately, I've gone to bed, looked at the Jasper Fforde book by my bed and just sighed; wishing I had the energy to pick it up for just ten minutes to read a little of it.

But I haven't had that energy.

I've been working hard on my Crafty Pegs stall to bring out new products.  And if you guys have this kind of small hobby business in your life, you know what it's like to have to get out something new with it.  There's a lot of running around, looking at things, items, pricing, working at making it look good and then... there's the display!  Boy, the display has to look good and enticing enough for people to want to buy the new product.  

So, I've gotten a lot of the new products worked on, varnished, wrapped up and now?  I'm just working on other bits to bulk it up a little... to give people variety on colours, styles and whatnot.  I'm happy with the colours, the way things are going and I'm also looking forward to getting in and buying what I need for the display too (which is next week! Yay!).

And you know?  Just last night, I went to bed, looked at my Jasper Fforde book and thought: 'Why not! I have a little bit of energy still left to read some of this!' And I read two chapters and turned out the light after midnight!  I'm looking forward to reading more of it again tonight and getting through another few chapters.  Actually, the sun looks very inviting... might go outside before it cools off too much and do some reading again.  Yeah... that sounds good!

So, have you had times where you haven't had time to read, like I have lately?  I have wanted to get in and read like crazy, but being a little time-poor isn't great... but then, you find that tiny window of opportunity and just jump in and open your favourite book and put on your glasses to read a few pages... oh!  It's like sitting down and saying hi to an old friend, isn't it?  Until my next post, happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment