Saturday, September 27, 2014

Current Work - You and Me?

Wow... a week has flown by already?  That was fast!  I've been busy with all kinds of things, but haven't forgotten to write here... just I wasn't sure about what would be interesting enough to talk about.

So, here goes:

This week, I had a bit of Writer's Block with 'Angel Love' right up until I realised I had used a couple of characters and then forgot them totally... yeah, it happens.  So, I re-read when they disappeared and found a place to put them, and the story picked up again - *phew* that was close!

Then, I got into read about four chapters of 'Body Rentals' by Mark Gardner.  This is a great book!  I'm really getting into it.  Mark Gardner is a writer I know from Chuck Wendig's 'Terrible Minds' blog.  Both he and I chat on there - as well as away from there - about writing and books.  We've become good friends and yet have never met as I live here in Australia, and he's in the United States.

And if that's not keeping me busy, I'm working on my last markets at Springwood of the Creative Markets.  Yeah, I'm pulling out of there as it's just gotten too expensive to be a retailer there.  I wasn't selling enough product to cover the $50 rent for half a day, when I was being offered spots in other places for half the amount for full day markets.  
I've also been on the creating side of things with a website for Crafty Pegs too.  So, that's taking up time in my life as well.  And I'm finding that a lot of fun as it's just cutting and pasting really, then saving the publishing... and it's using wix.com a cool little site-builder that has a free side to it and you can also start paying for extra stuff too.

Otherwise, I'm still writing Flash Fiction Fridays on Chuck Wendig's 'Terrible Minds'.  Over the last few weeks, he's gotten us to work on a 3-part story; most of which isn't our own work.  I started one called 'The Wardrobe Monster' (yeah, every kid's nightmare) but I took it into the adult world and made it real for an adult instead of kid... very Lovecraftian.  A few people took off with it and loved that I jumped into it the way I did, while others thought it was a bit tough to take adults into a child's world of wardrobe monsters.  For me?  Well, my imagination runs away with me a lot when I write, so I can't comment.  But I did work on two in the exercise.  I wrote a part 2 to 'Pictures' and a part 3 to 'Don't Talk to the Dead'... they were both great challenges and I loved doing.  And you can find them on my 'You Can't Go Back and Other Impossibilities' blog if you wish to check them out.

So, that's what I've been up to lately - and why I haven't been blogging here much.  Well, it's your turn... what have you been writing or reading lately that's keep you from the computer or doing what you normally do in your life?  Do tell, we'd love to know (but please do keep it tame, it's a normal site here... hehehee).  Until my next post, happy reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment