Thursday, November 13, 2014

The Plot Thickens...

I've been busily writing a few books this year.  Over the last month or so, I finished up 'Fry Nelson: Bounty Hunter - Book 3' and then really concentrated on 'Angel Love'.  Both books have really taken up a lot of my time; along with the craft markets.

This has also taken its toll on how much time I've had with reading... which isn't much.  I do try though.

Right now, though, I'm getting through a great romantic thriller - 'The Watcher' by Jo Robertson - on Audible.  I'm up to chapter 23 and am knocking over about 4 chapters each time I sit down to it.  It's great when I can find the time too.

I've also been offered up another audio book to read and review after I finished reading 'The Watcher' by an author on Good Reads... I'm hoping to read it over Christmas, before I read another one I bought on Kobo (it wasn't available in print).  

So, what have you been reading lately?  You all know why I haven't read as many books as I have wanted to this year... and I do look forward to Christmas to get my nose into some decent reads to do just that.  However, I want to know what you're reading coming up to the Silly Season.  Until my next post, happy reading.

6 comments:

  1. Nice to hear what's going on with you!! Sounds like you've been busy with both writing and your craft markets!! I've missed seeing around Bookcrossing too! forget, but what do you do at the craft market? Just curious as I've taken up knitting this year and am loving it!! I'm currently working on some knitting items to give as gifts for Christmas this year.

    I just finished reading 7 holiday titles for the Ho-Ho-Ho Read-A-Thon I just finished participating in last night... You can see which titles I read in my wrap post here: http://captivatedreader.blogspot.com/2014/11/ho-ho-ho-read-thon-wrap-up-post.html

    I also listened to an thriller/suspense novel by Jeffrey Deaver that I recently finished and need to write a review for as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah yes... I own a hobby business called Lynda's Crafty Pegs. I'm on Facebook and have a website too. on 29th, November, I have my very last market for the year (yay!) and then it's onto planning and building my new craft/art work bench with Dad next year... I'll be saving up money as much as I can and learning how to use a drill. :D

      https://www.facebook.com/MozettesCraftyPegs?ref=hl

      http://mozart844.wix.com/lyndascraftypegs

      There's both my FB page and website for you all who want to know what I do... it's hard work, but people love it. :D

      Delete
    2. Wow, pretty cool stuff!! You're very talented. :-)

      Delete
    3. Thanks. :D I've been enjoying this little venture. It's been just over a year and I'm starting to make a little more money on it as time goes by.

      And as with all things that are new like this, it's a bit of a slow burn... I'm still getting to know the market and people are getting to know me as a retailer. It does exhaust me, but I'm having fun! :D

      Delete
    4. It's wonderful to see that you have a nice growing craft business!! It's great that you're still getting to know the market and people are getting to know you. Good luck!!

      I'm hoping to improve/expand my knitting skills and sell stuff through Etsy perhaps... Right now it is a hobby that I am having fun learning how to do and leaning new skills. I've only learned to make 3 different things right now. :-) Improving my skills and learning new stitches is the name of the game.

      Delete
    5. That's the way to do it. I learned to knit when I was around 12 years old through my Grandmother. Since then, I have picked it up and put it down once in a while. However, since I moved out of home, I picked it back up to make gifts and long scarves for myself (like the Dr Who scarf... now, you want a good challenge, try that one out! There's a few different designs!). But it's a matter of picking a few different - around 5 - stitches and knowing how to do them properly and well and sticking with them. I know around 5 - 6 different stitches but I know how to do 4 stitches on a regular basis... great fun and easy to do... you and even do up a rope or string out of knitting too with double-ended needles. :D

      Delete