Thursday, January 8, 2015

New Reads For This Year

I've totally enjoyed reading over the Christmas Holidays, and at the Brunswick Markets just last weekend, I scored a couple of lovely books to add to my collection... yes, the growing collection I really should be reading more of.

First off, I found 'The Portable Dorothy Parker' with an introduction by Brendan Gill.  This book has a collection of her stories and poetry, very much a book to have of her works in one.  I haven't read her work before, but do look forward to reading this one.  Then, I scored 'Iggy Pop: Open Up And Bleed' by Paul Trynka.  I haven't heard much of his music, but do know he's an amazing musician; so thus, I must know more about him.  I also found a book on how to grow Bromiliads and that's all it's about; so I bought that too.  

So, what have you bought recently you're hoping to get your nose into the pages of this year?  I have a large range of books to read this year - nothing to promise myself, you know what I'm like, if I promise myself a pile, I'll never read it.  Anyway, until my next post, happy reading.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you found some new books to add to your ever growing collection.

    I received six books for Christmas that were on my reading wishlist and also downloaded some free ebooks to my Kindle from Amazon before the end of 2014... However, one of my New Year's Resolutions for 2015 is to not buy any books as I have way too many to read in my massive to be read pile... So, reading what I currently have is on the agenda for this year and perhaps even culling some of my books may be necessary!

    I'm definitely hoping to read Mortal Heart by Robin LaFevers, which I received for Christmas, very soon. It's the last novel in the His Fair Assassin Trilogy. I enjoyed reading the 1st two books in the series last year and want to read the last novel before too much time passes by and I forget what happened in the 1st two books... Plus, it's great to complete a series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's always great to receive books for Christmas - especially when they're what you have always wanted on your wishlist! :D

      Otherwise, I know exactly how you feel when it comes to reading what you already have instead of buying more... believe me - I do! As you know, I have a huge collection of books and they are slowly taking over my home office. I have tried giving away books, but they seem to Gremlin on me overnight when I do... dunno how they do that, but they do.

      Your reading plans sound great! Good luck with getting into your reads this year. :D

      Delete