Friday, April 17, 2015

Currently Reading

Over the last two weeks, I've been so very busy!  So, I picked up 'Other Colors' by Orhan Pamuk.  This book is one I keep in my collection to read when I either can't get my head around a story or into writing something, or I'm so busy I can't concentrate on a book plot right now.

At the moment it's both problems.

So, I killed two birds with one stone - very cool!

This book has helped me in the past get my butt back into writing simply by the way Orhan Pamuk writes.  He's got a way with words which pull me right into his world effortlessly, and in such a way I wish I could write the same way.

However, I can see from his writing that how he writes it's taken a lot of practice from life, from his love of his country and the city his lives in and basically from writing every day.

'Other Colors' is one book I will never get rid of, and I think will be one book I'd keep with me throughout my life until I'm old... and even then, I'd still re-read it just for the joy his words have brought me.

Which books have you read which have brought you such joy that you can't let them go?  Have you read this book?  If so, have you had the same feelings about it that I do?  Until my next post, happy reading.

2 comments:

  1. I haven't read 'Other Colors' by Orhan Pamuk. There are lots of books that are wonderful books that I can't imagine parting with in my collection. Maya Angelou's collected poems is one that I can think of off hand.

    By the way, I've nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award. See my post please: http://captivatedreader.blogspot.com/2015/04/versatile-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! Thank you so much for the 'Versatile Blogger' Award! I greatly appreciate this! Now, I'm off to go and look at your blog about it! :D

      Delete