Monday, June 15, 2015

Slowly, But Surely...

Over the last few months or so, I've had a few problems with writing - and reading - books.  It's been annoying the crap out of me to no end, but I can feel the block now loosening and see the tiny, growing light at the end of the tunnel.  That light is called 'Creativity' and my Muse.

Yeah, us writers have Muses and mine has been sulking somewhere and I have finally been able to not think about my work long enough to get in and do some creative work.

Now, I'm not writing, but I've gotten back into my painting.  Okay, it's not the written word, but it's the visual arts; which is similar, because I do book art, and it's great... I love painting about books and doing works on books.

Well, I've been working on two little paintings of books; and just yesterday, I placed a creepy eye behind some of those painted books, and left it alone for a bit to see how it goes - I hope it works out for me and I'll see how to put a nice eye on the other one.

Now, I'm thinking of going back over some of my flash fiction and working on editing some of my work there... yep, my creative side is coming back from the desert of Writer's Block - but it's a slow process, a really slow process - as I haven't been completely blocked for this long in both ways (reading books and writing them).  Usually, it's one or the other, not both.  Well, until my next post, happy reading.

2 comments:

  1. Maybe somehow the creative act of painting stimulates the creative act of writing. I hope things work out for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it does... I have found that not thinking about the block will help shift it.

      Delete