Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Health Benefits From Reading

Don't you love it when you find out that your passion for reading and books is actually healthy for you?

Well, us readers already knew it was healthy - but some people out there who teased us for being a 'book worm' and a 'nerd' didn't.  And now, they're struggling to get into reading when we're leagues ahead of them... 

... now we won't call them any names, because we're above that, but it's a level playing field when it comes to books and reading.  However, I found out there's a list of great health benefits to being an avid reader in this article

The next best thing I've found while wandering around on that site was that I found out being an author is a job people really want to be.

But unless you've really put yourself out there, a lot of people don't know how hard it is to get published. I've been trying to put my work into print since I was 15 years old and I'm still not published and I'm in my 40's now... yep, it's hard. So, here's the great article on that topic too.

Well, I hope you enjoy those articles I dug up about writing and reading.  Until my next post, happy reading.


4 comments:

  1. Funny you should make a post about the health benefits of reading as I have a couple of posts scheduled on the health benefits of knitting for my new knitting blog!!

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed that article. I greatly prefer real books. I have a Nook, an old one that I got for Christmas several years ago. I never really enjoyed using it. It's handy for carrying several books on vacation, but I like a book without batteries and without concern about leaving it in the car.

    I do read before going to sleep, but an exciting book will keep me awake! Soft music is better, for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah... real books have always done it for me too. I've never gone with everyone else and bought myself one of those e-readers. However, I do have the app on my phone and did get one on my iPod (when that thing was working) just so I could download the odd free book... but I never really got into e-readers.

      Audio books... now they're different... great things! :D

      Delete