Wednesday, August 5, 2015

The Secret Garden by Johanna Basford

Now, this book isn't what you think. It's not a book you read - well it is, but it's not. It's not a children's book - but it could be if you gave it to the right child to have a go at. It's also not something to laugh at.

What this book is is a wonderful way to while away the afternoon, a wet day, a snow day or just a few hours where there's nothing on television... with just you, your colouring-in pencils and your Inner Child. 

Yes, you read right - your Inner Child.

I bought this book on Monday for myself at Carindale QBD and took it along to my volunteer work the next day to look at it for a little bit before I did some knitting. Well! The knitting never got looked at and I sat there colouring in half the first page! It took me around three hours and I loved every minute of it as I engulfed in the world of flowers, leaves, birds and vines... as well as a hidden gate I hadn't noticed on the first time I looked at the page.

These books are designed for adults, though, and aren't cheap. I bought mine for $20 and it's got games, mazes and other fun things to do inside it; besides colouring it all in - but I think that's all I'll do because it's just too pretty to muck up with my bad artwork and drawing. I might even get myself another one in the coming months and see how many books I can go through... that'd be fun! Well, until my next post, happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment