Sunday, December 20, 2015

Star Wars Adjacent

'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' is a huge thing right now - well, okay, it's been going on for well over 30 years; since 1977 - and it's still going.

I think I saw the first one, but was too young to remember seeing it. But by the time the next few came out, we did go and see them; and I was old enough to remember seeing them and have the Star Wars fever that accompanied them.

Now, there's an author out there who's writing books about Star Wars: Chuck Wendig. He's written a book I'm currently reading titled 'Star Wars Aftermath', and it's the first in a trilogy. I first heard about it when it came out in September - but only online. So, when I found it in a local bookstore, I jumped on it and bought it immediately. 

Very cool!

And yes, this Star Wars is everything to do with the Star Wars everyone is watching right now. I love it in every way. It's written in first person, it's filled with action, filled with page-turning adventure and passionately written! 

I haven't gotten halfway through the first book yet. 

So, while everyone is rushing around the stores looking for that last minute present for the person they forgot on their list, go out and buy this book. It's well worth it! Or better still, buy it off Amazon and get it delivered before Christmas, so you have something to dive into while everyone is in the food coma over the New Year. 'Star Wars Aftermath' by Chuck Wendig... I love it! It's got everything about Star Wars... it's adjacent to Star Wars, and it'll keep your mind and imagination ready for the next one - yes Star Wars VIII; seeing you've just see VII. Until my next post, happy reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment