Thursday, November 24, 2016

The Last NaNoWriMo Meeting

Today was a real stinker of a day to be going out anywhere; but I attended the last meeting for the National Novel Writing Month... only to find I was the only person to attend. 

I went because one guy said he was a maybe on Facebook and didn't want to let him down just in case he arrived. So, an hour into it, and I was still the only one there with my little notebook computer plugging away at editing and fleshing out my work.

Last week, I finished my novel... yay!!! But this week, I started editing and fleshing it out with details and scenery. At the 'meeting', I managed to add 200 words onto each of my chapters between chapters 1 and 5... which brought my word count from 7,859 (this number includes chapter 6) to 7,947; which is pretty darned good if you ask me.

Anyway, I'm hoping to get past the last word count I made last week of 13,232 and get this book up to the 20,000 word mark... well, here's hoping anyway! The good thing is that I find fleshing out and editing not only difficult but also easy. Adding detail is always fun and then I'll correct the small things that aren't needed at the same time. Once I've finished the book - which still doesn't have a title - I'll throw a competition to see what I should name the book. This is always fun, as I really don't know what to name it as it's full of time travel, love, hate and is set in my hometown of Brisbane. Anyway, until my next post, happy reading - and writing.

2 comments:

  1. Bummer that no one came to the last NaNoWriMo Meet-up!

    It sounds like you are doing awesome though with your writing. So, will you self publish your book afterward or try and go through traditional publishing once you've finished writing your novel?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, sometimes when you're on your own it's for a good reason. My reason was to get my head into my game - and it worked out better to be on my own. And yeah, it was a bummer that nobody showed; never mind though. :D I liked the air-conditioning as it was such a boiler outside!

      Anyway, I'm hoping to work through some small publishing houses which have popped up over the past few years. One of them is owned by friends up the coast; and I think they'll love my book. But it doesn't have a title. Once it's all finished, proofread and everything's ready to go, I'll give you guys a go at titling it for me... I'm finding it difficult to nail down one title which will encapsulate its meaning without giving away the plot.

      Delete